LUNCH WITH FTI: Exploring Health System Opioid Stewardship Opportunities and Strategies
Be prepared to address one of the most critical issues in healthcare today: the opioid epidemic. Find out what you need to implement an effective stewardship program in your hospital. Understand your risk in terms of diversion and overprescribing. Hear from experts about key strategies such as leveraging pharmacist knowledge to modify cookie-cutter prescribing patterns for improved pain control and patient safety.
Learn about the developing best safe practices in opioid stewardship including:
- Screening for patients at risk
- Secure handling processes
- Surgeon and physician prescribing pattern analysis
- Pharmacist monitoring of at risk patients
- Education on alternative pain therapy options
- Nurse training to identify adverse reactions
- Post discharge follow up.
Who Should Watch?
- Hospital Leadership
- Pharmacy Leadership